How I became a free hugger
It all started on an ordinary day while I was walking down the streets of Paris. A couple was stading my way holding up a sign saying ‘FREE HUGS’. I walked towards them. Both hugged me and in silence, we all smiled. As I left them behind after getting my ‘free hug’, I felt it! The smile that accompanied me for the rest of that day inspired me to start researching about the Free Hugs Campaign.
Back at home, I invited some friends to join me for my first free hugs spree in the Austrian capital, and this is how the group Free Hugs Vienna was born in the summer of 2013. Since then, hundreds of other supporters have joined me in bringing smiles to the faces of thousands of people whose path we have crossed with open arms.
Next you will find a selection of articles and interviews from my journey as a Free Hugger. If you want to be informed about the latest updates and events of the Free Hugs Vienna initiative, just LIKE our page on Facebook to start following us.
"Free Hugs and I" in the Media
- "The Power Of Touch" Article on "Reader's Digest" (2017)
- "Drück mich!" Article on "Jüdische Allgemeine" (2017)
- "Free Huggers (...) in Vienna" Article on "Good News Channels" (2017)
- "Hug more often" Article on "Metanoia Blog" (2017)
- "Die ganze Welt umarmen" Article on "Wina" (July 2015)
- "Meet Eurovision hugger Thyago" Interview to Wiwibloggs (2015)
- "Mr Free Hugs at Eurovision" Interview to Eurovision Ireland (2015)
- "Free Hugs Vienna in Interview" Interview to Eurosong.be (2014)